Recipe from Cousin Loretta Celona London
A tasty corn meal and cheese snack. Great as a side dish as well. My father-in-law George A. Capielo use to make this recipe in New York and is a great tasting snack.
- 2 cups Yellow Corn Meal
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 3/4/ stick of butter
- 12 slices of American cheese
- 1 chunk of Velveeta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat the milk and butter, eggs and add the corn meal gradually on low flame
- Add 10-12 slices of cheese and a chunk of Velveeta cheese.
- Turn flame off.
- If not soft add a little butter. Corn meal should be soft.
- Shape into a hot dog like shape and fry in Wesson oil until golden brown.
- After done slice down the middle and either butter and or add a slice of cheese to the middle and enjoy.