- 1 lb pork tenderloin or pork spare ribs, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet bean sauce or hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch Chinese five-spice powder, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pound pork slices with mallet, or with the back of a kitchen knife until tender. Set aside. In a bowl, mix the Marinade ingredients, add in pork slices, mix well, and marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Sauce ingredients. You may add more or less sugar, or other sauce ingredients to your own liking. Set sauce mixture aside.
- Heat up a wok with enough oil, deep-fry pork slices for 5 minutes, or until color changes to golden brown and slightly crispy. Dish up, drain with paper towels and set aside.
- Bring sauce to a quick boil, add deep-fried pork, and stir until all the meat is well coated with sauce. Dish up and sprinkle the pork chops with some toasted sesame seeds. Serve over a bowl of hot steamed rice.