Recipe by Maria Capielo
There are a lot of ingredients in these puppies so I recommend having them all prepared so that way you can slap them together and cook them faster.
- Place a 1/2 salmon on a sheet pan, skin side down.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, at 350 degrees.
- Get a large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Throw in the red onions, celery, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, parsley, about ¼ of teaspoon of hot sauce, ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoons of the Old Bay and some salt and pepper to season.
- Mix together, transfer to pan and sauté for 15-20 minutes until the veggies are cooked.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes and let cool.
- Flake the chilled salmon into a large bowl.
- Add the bread crumbs, ½ a cup of mayonnaise, mustard, and eggs. Add the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Now we’re going to shape the cakes into 10, 2 1/2 to 3-ounce) cake
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the salmon cakes in batches and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add romoulade.
When Ingredients are all together. You need to blend until smooth and creamy When plating, put the salmon cakes on a small plate and pour over romelade. Bon Apetite!