|heads of Broccoli stalks||1 large head or 2 -3 small|
|Shell pasta||1 lb|
|garlic bulb (take the outer skin off and chop the whole bulb and put aside)||1 whole|
|chicken broth (14.5 oz)||1 can|
|grated cheese||1/4-1/2 cups|
|salt & pepper|
Serve hot or cold.
- Clean the broccoli, wash under cool water.
- Trim/peel the stalk and cut the florets and stalks into small pieces.
- Put the cut florets and stalks into a pot of water and bring to boil. Make sure they are soft.
- Drain the broccoli and put aside.
- In the mean time you should get a pot and fill it with water until it boils…then add the shells
- While the shells are cooking put some oil into the frying pan.
- When the oil gets hot put in the chopped garlic into the frying pan. When it starts to get a color to it add the cooked broccoli pieces
- Then add the 2 tablespoons of butter and add salt & pepper to taste and stir.
- Add the can of chicken broth and let simmer for about 10 mins.
- When the shells are cooked, drain them and place them into the frying pan where the broccoli and chicken broth is.
- Keep stirring the pasta and broccoli while in the frying pan for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the pasta and broccoli and stir. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Place some pasta and broccoli in each plate & serve.