Simple yet full of the rich chocolate/peanut mole flavor you love, DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce takes the hard work out of this recipe.
- 3 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 teaspoonkosher salt
- 1 teaspoonground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoonground white pepper
- 8chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoonsfresh lime juice
- 1 cupDOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce
- 1 cuplow-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cupfresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in large, high-sided, oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Combine salt, cumin, garlic powder and pepper in small mixing bowl.
- Season chicken thighs with spice blend.
- Add chicken to pan, skin side down and brown until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken thighs over and add lime juice, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of the pan.
- Add DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce and chicken broth and stir gently to dissolve sauce.
- Place pan in oven and bake uncovered 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer chicken to platter.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve chicken with HERDEZ® Salsa Verde Green Rice.