The secret to this roasted chicken is the perfect amount of pucker, sweet, and that just-right orange-y taste that comes with a Orange Fruit Spread. The juicy, citrus scent alone will make your mouth water!
- ½ Cup Orange Fruit Spread
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mustard (We used a grainy Dijon)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Peeled & Crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 4-6 Oranges (Sliced into Rounds)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley (Divided)
- 8 Chicken Thighs (Skin on or Skinless is fine)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Seville Orange Fruit Spread with olive oil, mustard, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, 1 tsp parsley and lemon juice. Mix well with a whisk.
- Score the chicken a few times with a sharp knife and then add the chicken to the bowl and coat it with the Seville Orange mixture. Squeeze half a lemons worth of juice on top of the chicken once it has been added to the bowl and then continue to mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the chicken thighs out into a roasting tin or casserole dish and pour any additional Seville Orange mixture over top of the chicken thighs. Next slice your oranges into thin rounds and scatter them all over the chicken. Putting some underneath and in between pieces.
- Cover the roasting tin or dish with tin foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Once 20 minutes has passed, remove the foil and continue cooking at 400°F for an additional 40-45 minutes. To prevent the chicken from drying out, baste the chicken in the sauce ever 15 minutes or so.
- You’ll know when the chicken is done when it turns a beautiful golden-brown color and the juices begin to run clear. Trust us, your nose will know too. When ready, remove the chicken from the oven and garnish with the remaining freshly chopped parsley. Serve over basmati rice or pair it with a delicious greens’ salad. Enjoy!