A good rub makes grilling or roasting easy. This one combines the best of the salt-pepper-garlic notes of Santa Maria-style barbecue with the depth of coffee and clove. Diners will be hard-pressed to place its complex flavor until you tell them the components. The rub is easy to double and keeps for a long time in a jar or a zipper-lock bag. It should stay on the meat for at least two hours, but overnight is best.
We used it on a 2lb Tri-Tip and it was absolutely awesome. Couldn’t stop putting my finger in the sauce to get another taste. This would work great on any steak or anything you barbecue.
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 heaping teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/cphosting32014/public_html/sunshinedawn/wp-content/themes/recipes/single-recipe.php on line 124